Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Kilchzimmer wedding photos

(click on image to enlarge)
You could count on one hand how many weddings I photographed in my life and here we had two in one month.
I feel at home behind a camera.  Place me in the middle of a chaotic market in Kyrgyzstan and I know what to do ... but wedding photography requires a completely different approach and falls outside my comfort zone.

The daughter of our Kilchzimmer house parents (Felix and Diana Dürrenberger) was married this past weekend in a nearby village church and I was asked to take photos of the couple at Kilchzimmer – a great location ... when the weather cooperates.  My co-worker, Brent was a huge help as the VAL (voice-activated light stand) and the one who held the big reflector high in the air to keep the sun spots off the bride's dress.

These photo opportunities have been very helpful in learning how and when to use additional lighting tools in a fast moving situation under time constraints.  This was a tiring day but enjoyable with everyone feeling relaxed and having fun.

1 comment:

kdwmson said...

Very nice photos. You have such an amazing array of skills. Illustration, photography, web design, etc.! Good job.